If you’re curious about who we are and what we do here at Alternative Divorce Solutions, you’re in the right place. Learn more about us and how to get started today.
Who are we?
We’re Alternative Divorce Solutions, a team devoted to helping people navigate the challenges of the divorce process to establish their financial future apart. Our co-founders are Alyssa Miller and Ben Feldmeyer, Certified Divorce Financial Analysts® with many other certifications and trainings related to divorce and finance. Together, we work to craft unique and appropriate financial solutions to even the most challenging divorces.
Learn more about who we are in this video.
What is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®?
A Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®) is an advisor expertly trained in the financial issues surrounding divorce. We specialize in setting you up for financial success by recommending a settlement that works best for you, then help you plan your financial future based on your unique set of circumstances.
Find more information about Certified Divorce Financial Analysts® in this article.
What services do we provide?
We offer services in five main focus areas:
- Financial Advocate for Litigation
- As your advocate we help you organize your information, provide projections so you understand the long-term implications of any settlement offer, and provide your attorney with financial data so they may negotiate or litigate from a position of strength.
- Mediated Divorce
- In a mediated divorce, there are two ways we can help. We can act as your mediator to bring clarity to the family’s finances with a goal of reaching a mutually agreeable settlement that works for the whole family. Or, if you already have a mediator, we can act as a financial neutral to provide projections on settlement options for you and your spouse.
- Collaborative Divorce
- In a collaborative divorce, both parties have collaboratively trained attorneys who provide legal guidance, there is a family relations specialist to address family-related issues and a financial neutral to address financial calculations. As members of the Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals, we can be a part of your collaborative team.
- A La Carte Financial Calculations
- We can provide pension valuations, separate property tracing, lump-sum buyout calculations and other detailed calculations to assist you and your attorney with supporting data for the court.
- Post Divorce Financial Planning
- After your divorce is finalized, we can help you plan for your new future. We provide financial planning through our sister company, Feldmeyer Financial Group.
How do we help our clients?
We begin by getting to know you and your goals. We’ll set up an initial consultation and understand where you are now and where you’d like to be. Then we begin creating a plan to help you get there.
We integrate financial planning into the divorce process, giving you a window into how the proposed settlement will work for you now and in the future. We are experts at listening to what’s needed and coming alongside to find creative, unique solutions. We have an experienced staff and a team dedicated to helping you find solutions you can feel good about. We’ll walk beside you as long as you need us.
Learn more about why you may need a CDFA® in this article.
Why do we do what we do?
Anyone who has experienced the emotional turmoil of a divorce understands that it can be challenging to keep all of the pieces together and your future in focus. Simply put, we firmly believe that no one should have to go through the divorce process without good financial advice.
Learn more about Alternative Divorce Solutions.
How do you get started?
It all starts with a free consultation. We sit down with you and discuss what support you’re looking for and how we can help. Schedule a consultation with us to explore your options today.
Watch our Getting Started video for more information.